Virginia has a wide range of interests and clinical experience within the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy and 30 years of practice, study and teaching acupuncture.
As well as running her busy practice in South West Rocks some of Virginia’s significant professional experiences include
- 2000 Olympic Games physiotherapist
- Physical Therapist in Texas USA 1993
- APA Foundational Acupuncture Course 1988
- Founding member of the Australian Society of Acupuncture Physiotherapist ASAP
- On the 2007 working party of the ASAP production of ‘The Guidelines for Safe Acupuncture and Dry Needling Practice’ a guide for the safe acupuncture practice for physiotherapists in Australia
- Teaching on the APA Level 1 & 2 Foundational Acupuncture Training Courses for over 18 years
- Working with elite athletes from the NSW Institute of Sport 2008-2011 and travelling with a junior team to Canada and USA.
- Acupuncture study trips to Hangzhhou China and Osaka Japan
- Clinical supervisor of Physiotherapy students from Universities of Newcastle and Queensland.
These wide-ranging experiences enable her to provide a unique holistic treatment that integrates evidence based physiotherapy with Oriental medicine. Continuing education and learning for all staff is an integral part of the SWR Clinic.
Virginia Ruscoe – B.APP.SC.PHTY.MAPA
Natasha is one of the friendly faces of our admin team.
Natasha was locally born and returned to the area after completing her bachelors degree with honours in History at the University of New England.
Natasha is dedicated to welcoming clients to our practice and providing professional administrative support.
Joanne is a committed, caring and highly motivated physiotherapist with a great passion for helping people of all ages. She shows great empathy and strives to maximise mobility and function to all her clients at whatever level they present with.
From March 1993 – August 2019 Joanne was the owner and principal physiotherapist of Nambucca Heads Physiotherapy and Stuarts Point Physiotherapy.
She has been a Clinical Educator for physiotherapy students, Newcastle University, from 2002.
Joanne brings her extensive range of experience and skills to the clinic.
Areas of expertise include:
- Musculoskeletal + Sports
- Pilates – mat.
- Chronic pain syndromes.
- Vertigo + Cervical headaches
- Breast cancer care- post surgery
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Aged Care + Falls Prevention
- Osteoporosis Management.
- Neurological and disabilities
- Exercise Classes