Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, acupuncture, education and advice.
Our highly experienced Physiotherapists assess, diagnose and treat using advanced techniques and evidence-based procedures to help repair damage, prevent disease, reduce stiffness and pain, increase mobility and improve quality of life.
Common Injuries & Conditions
- Sports injuries
- Muscular skeletal or movement problems
- Neck, back and joint pain
- Headaches, migraines
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation- replacements, reconstruction, fractures
- Work Place Injuries
- Gym and individual exercise programs
- Lymphatic drainage
- Womens Health
- Supporting older people – falls prevention, osteoporosis, incontinence
- Neurology – stroke, brain or spinal trauma, MS
- Custom orthotics
Acupuncture is the treatment of injury or disease by stimulation of points on the body to balance the energy “Chi” and restore the body to health.
Acupuncture is beneficial for both chronic and acute conditions. It influences the body by having a balancing and regulating effect on overall body systems as well as a local therapeutic effect.
Some of the conditions treated with acupuncture are:
- sprains and strains
- spinal pain
- arthritis and joint pain
- respiratory problems – asthma, emphysema, COPD
- women’s health – menopause, breast cancer post surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, lymphoedema
- menopause symptoms
- headaches and migraines
- neurological conditions including stroke
Cosmetic Acupuncture & Wellness
Cosmetic Acupuncture uses Traditional Chinese Medicine acupuncture points and techniques to stimulate the muscles and skin of the face and body to:
- improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- lift sagging skin
- increase firmness
- boost circulation for an even glowing skin
It works internally by balancing your body’s chi, enhancing the health of your whole body as well as the appearance of your skin.
What is involved in a cosmetic acupuncture treatment
- Body acupuncture (energy balancing ) – treating the cause of the problem by balancing the body energetics
- Cosmetic acupuncture – targets the treatment area where the problem manifests.
- Home treatment – what you can do at home to help and extend the effect.
Cosmetic Acupuncture Treatments
- Cosmetic Face Lifting – Fine needles are inserted on the face to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to achieve a firming effect. Twice per week for 2 weeks and once a week for six weeks
- Facial Gua Sha Technique. – used to brighten the complexion, smooth lines and wrinkles, boost skin elasticity, relieve muscle tension, decrease puffiness and enhance the absorption of serums. Gua shu treatment is only done once per week.
- Plum-Blossom Tapping – the plum-blossom hammer has seven short needles on a small flat hammer head. It is used for firming the connective tissue on the face, neck and abdomen and also assists the removal of stubborn fat deposits on the body which weight loss fails to shift
- Cupping – is a vacuum treatment. In cosmetic acupuncture it is used to treat cellulite, oedema (swelling), or lymph oedema
Massage therapy has many positive benefits
- Reduce muscle tension
- Improve circulation
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Increase joint mobility & flexibility
- Improve recovery of soft tissues